The idea of any marketing is to get your message out, creating valuable content that attracts attention, drives traffic and builds your business.
So where does print fit into today’s digital world?
A survey commissioned by Two Sides and undertaken by research company Toluna discovered some very interesting results.
- 84% of UK respondents understood, retained or used information that had been printed and read on paper much better than information received on a digital device.
- 83% stated a clear preference for reading print on paper for more complex topics
- 79% found printed media more relaxing to read
- 60% of mobile/smart phone users (rising to 71% amongst the 18 – 24 year olds) were concerned about how these devices were damaging their health
- For more information about the survey you can click through here.
So how might this survey help your business drive more customers to your business?
What if 84% of your audience retain, better understand and use the information you provide on your printed marketing material?
This could mean, for instance, your product brochure would be better retained, better used for reference, digested and acted upon rather than scanned through as we do with digital pages.
Understanding your printed marketing materials leads to trust and confidence in your products and services and is more likely to drive action than your digital marketing.
83% of people prefer to read complex topics in print. It gives them more time to digest and think about what they are buying into and they are more likely to read about it on paper than through your website or social media platforms.
And with 60% of mobile/smart phone users concerned about their health, (rising to 71% amongst the 18 – 24 year olds) it may mean they reduce their time spent on these devices and more time spent reviewing offline marketing resources.
So how effective can print marketing be?
Do you still offer a business card when you meet a prospective client or a supplier for the first time. Are you keen to accept and present your business card? Simple but effective print marketing.
Print can be used for most marketing projects, products and services and here are a few well know companies who used print to drive their businesses forward:
- Sky Sports increased new subscriptions by 35% – Click here to find out how.
- 12,459 unique hits on Volkswagen’s website after the print campaign launched. – Click here to find out how.
- From 0 Instagram followers to 12,000 by Ikea using print marketing. – Click here to find out how.
So we might conclude that print is underused and appreciated a lot more by audiences.
Can we conclude print is trusted for complex products and services by it’s audience? Can we say that print drives your audience to act and increase your business?
It certainly did for the the 3 companies above and we have had our own success working with Golden Sands Holiday Park recently, which you can read about here.
Being active online, and we all are, we have to search through spam and various content to find the hidden information we are looking for, the difference with print is it provides the information straight to hand and in a simple way.
If you have a printing project no matter how complex or simple you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 838 9979. There no pushy sales and no commitment from you, until you are ready to move forward.